Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rainy Saturday Arvo

After spending the morning with mum and sister, it was time to do that wonderful domestic duty, food shopping.
Now that I've self-diagnosed myself as gluten intolerant, and with a medical degree I have every right to do so, the fun is finding gluten free products that taste half decent.
Although at least Woolworths has a wide range of options, and I have just finished my own pack of Gluten Free potato chips. After getting past the feeling you're eating stale chips, they are rather delicious...
After a lovely session of food shopping, my beloved had a gig at school, so I decided to tag along and go for a walk around lovely Mosman Park. Which I did. In a pink shirt and blue bra. Somehow I failed to realise that combining rain with a blue bra under a pink shirt would mean excitement for all of those Maserati drivers in the suburbs.
Oops, but hey, at least it is a change from their botox-filled wives....
I love walking around Mosman Park, there's slightly more to look at than in my lovely suburb of Nollamara with its empty shopping trolleys, mattresses lying on the side of the street and burnt skeletons that were once cars in front yards. Okay, I exaggerate, there's only one or two car remains and I've only ever seen one shopping trolley and that was at the local shopping centre.
I'm now sitting on my couch, like the unemployed bum I am, with my own brew, Peroni. Not quite VB, but its a gradual move to complete feral. Give me time, it will soon be VB.
However by then I will be writing this blog, photocopying it a few hundred times and throwing it out of my car at 90 kph due to my inability to function a computer thanks to the decreasing number of brain cells left from not having a job for a number of months.

My beloved and I have also both agreed that as of Monday, we will be on a joint healthy eating/exercise plan so that we can be lean and ready for the summer months.
I did suggest we start on Sunday, but was quickly shot down, and of course I know its better to binge for two days rather than one, and start 'eating healthily' at the beginning of the week.
So bring on the french onion dip and gluten free chips. I live life dangerously.
Beer is also banned from the house, and no more icecream is allowed for late night TV viewing. I'm sad, but know that although a 'softening' of the waist is okay, a muffin top is definitely not and with 13 months until we get married I definitely want to look half decent...nothing sexier than a bride in trakkies and a veil, which is my aim for the wedding - still unemployed and definitely a dream wife for anyone.
So Monday it is. Not just looking for a job, but trying to make myself look half decent for that dream interview of mine. Don't just look for a job, work out for a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment