The handshake, smile and 'good to meet you', is no longer a positive experience.
Waiting for phone calls, emails saying 'unfortunately you were not successful', that has definitely lost the shine that was there at the start.
Being told you've got an interview, but then informed they've been interviewing all week, and have more to go. Not fun.
I'm over daytime TV, I'm over deciding between my dark blue jeans and my darker blue jeans with the frayed edges to wear around the house. I don't find midday exciting anymore, although I still make the expedition out to the letterbox. But now I'm thinking, 'please don't be a bill', as that just puts more pressure on me to find a job.
I'm very close to taking up smoking again, but luckily for my lungs it costs money, and as I don't have a job, don't really have the qualifications required to buy cigarettes.
Wedding plans have definitely lost their shine, how can I afford my bridesmaid's, mum's and my hair when I can't even afford a pack of cigarettes!!
I had a moment of insanity when I looked at a Raunchy advert on Seek, and for one crazy moment thought, 'sure I can do that'. Then I remembered its hard enough to get naked in front of my beloved, let alone dance around a bar with only my knickers and bra to cover me while attractive (and when I say that, I mean disgustingly unattractive drunk) men all ogle me...sounds rather lovely actually, which really means that is definitely out.
I am now registered with three different temp agencies, in the HOPE, something will come up.
Basically life is absolutely hilarious, and I can not stop loving every moment of everyday.
I'm starting to get why unemployed people remain on the dole for years, because its FUN. I'm so glad I finally understand that.
Although I think it may have something more to do with losing the motivation to look after a million knock backs, so its much easier to smoke their pack of cigarettes (they can afford this, they have an income, aka the Dole) while watching Dr Phil.
On the subject of Dr Phil, what is it with him getting involved in high profile murder cases and then discussing the best prospects for the children of the accused. Boring, can we please go back to obnoxious children who are tearing apart family's lives. That's much more fun.
I happened to watch a bit of Ellen today, why can't we have a show like that in Oz, I would seriously be in the audience everyday. Not just for the freebies, but also for the informative and entertaining guests. Could possibly be lying, but will leave that for you to decide...
Right enough with the depressing rants, of course we're all allowed our moments, and I know it will get better. I'm sure I'll find a job that won't be working for Raunchy or Bikini Girls Massage..
One question though, is this new 'Super Sunday' for Australian Idol going to work.... we'll just have to see. I will say this, what is so fantastic about Marcia Hines, she says nothing intelligent, other than 'You did good darlin'. Also, she is the WORST entertainer, whenever I watch her perform its like watching a robot sing and 'try' to dance. Kate Ceberano would have been so much better, or may be Paula Abdul? She doesn't want much, only $20 million, which I'm sure is cheaper than Kyle. I think Channel 10 should think about it, or give me a call. I'm looking for a job, they're looking for a judge. Perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment