Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Inspiration


Okay, I am officially no longer an unemployed bum.
I have a day's worth of temping tomorrow and then two weeks starting Monday. Yay!
During the four weeks of unemployment, it felt a lot longer, I managed to control myself and not resort to smoking, I have still kept exercising throughout the experience, and with the gluten free diet have managed not to eat packets of chips and hamburgers.
I'm praising the Gluten free diet, it stops you from eating CRAP. Also, I can't eat gluten, so that's also probably a good thing.
I also picked up a bridal magazine yesterday, so I must be feeling half decent.
Planning a wedding, in my opinion, is one million times harder than looking for a job. There are so many options, so many decisions.
Looking for a job, there are two steps. Find a job advert, apply. Sometimes a third involves 'touching base' after sending your resume off. And of course, if you are a successful applicant, the fourth job step involves the interview. That is it, there are no more steps involved, except when you begin to doubt you'll ever get a job, then there is the drowning yourself step, but so far I haven't needed to move to that step.
I never thought picking out underwear, invitations, bridesmaid dresses, shoes etc would be so damn difficult!
On the m bridal magazine cover I was immediately drawn by the story title 'Pure Inspiration'. So immediately I bought the $16 dollar magazine, because it had inspiring stories, and as a bride I need to be constantly inspired. Constantly.
I was inspired by the two competitions, one prize involved winning $7,500 worth of photography, the second $10,000 worth of couture. Yes please. That will save many an arguement with bridesmaids who don't want to spend too much. I really think Lisa Ho is an option for bridesmaids outfits, for some reason I'm not getting the same response from my bridesmaids. I don't understand this.
However, I have come up with a brilliant solution that I'm sure NO OTHER BRIDE has ever come up with. That's right, I think I am the first person to think of this amazing idea.
I'm going to choose the material and allow the bridesmaids to pick their design. I know, brilliant, original all of the usual legendary statements. I'm officially a genius.
I'm also struggling for inspiration when it comes to hair. Sometimes I think soft and feminine sounds great, other times I like the idea of dramatic and sexy.
Do I want my beloved to see me on the day of our wedding and think 'We're never going to have sex again, but I'll probably get lots of cookies and cupcakes' or do I want him thinking 'Hot, sexy, want her now'. The only concern with the latter, is that some of the photos may be slightly awkward.
I will continue to look for the 'perfect' wedding hairstyle. I am looking to celebrities for inspiration, which is understandable as they are indeed inspiring people. Jordan for one, is the type of lady who inspires people to leave their husband for cage fighters, which I think is something to aspire to. I love a good cage fighter, better than a poofy one hit wonder who's asking you to 'Gimme a little sign'.
Oh weddings, I keep having moments of 'elope', but then I remember all the people that we love so much who would love to see us commit to each other on the day. Also, it has nothing to do with being a princess and centre of attention. Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment