Friday, August 21, 2009

Oink Oink


Due to my current employment situation (AKA I have a job), I admit I've been a little bit lazy, and have neglected you a bit. But I'm back, and sitting on the couch right now.
After the dramas of the weekend with the 'injury', I am officially over stitches in my foot.
The worst thing is, that I can't wear closed shoes as the tightest part of the shoe happens to be exactly where my stitches are. There's also ALOT of bruising, that's right ALOT of bruising, because I'm injured. So what do I get to wear, everywhere? Thongs.
Yes, that's right I'm trying to fit in with Rockingham and their new found fame as the bogan city of the nation, so I'm wearing thongs everywhere.
It just doesn't quite work with suits. I love going to a job interview wearing thongs with a suit. GREAT LOOK. Of course I explain the situation, but I have a feeling nobody believes that I 'cut my foot with a glass on a Saturday morning and that I was completely sober at the time'.
You can almost see the thoughts ticking over....'clearly this future employee is a piss head who smashes glasses on her foot for fun on a Saturday night'. Of course that makes absolutely no sense, after all who would purposely glass herself, but I find that people interviewing future employees tend to think the worst rather than the best. So I am now an alcoholic who enjoys a bit of self flagellation.
Also, because I tend to get cold rather easily, it means that my feet have been constantly purple for the past 6 days... always a good look. Only four more days and the stitches come out along with the sexy scar on my foot. Still going with the 'tiger attacked me' excuse, much more exciting than the alcoholic who likes to glass herself.
On a different note, hopefully tomorrow I am FINALLY going to have my make up trial. This is the third booking that I've tried to get, however the first time the makeup artist was sick, then I had my 'accident'... so fingers crossed!
We confirmed and paid a deposit on our cake yesterday, so its all coming together. I'm afraid to start adding up all the prices, as I have a feeling its going to be slightly more than the original total we had discussed. I think its safer not to do that until after the wedding. Then while we're drunk and opening presents, I'll mention it then - hopefully my beloved will be too drunk to remember.
Speaking of my beloved, he currently has the Swine Flu, which as we all know is really just the flu of the season. However I can't help but oink and call him Piggy every time he comes near me and as that lovely pregnant sister of mine is coming over for lunch on Sunday, the two of them (being beloved and sis) are going to have to sit there with masks during lunch. One doesn't want to infect the pregnant person in the room. We could leave the pig at home and have a girly lunch, but I just want to see the two of them sitting there with masks on. I find that much more hilarious. Also, I will be taking photos. Because I'm a lovely sister and fiance. Right, off to drink alcohol, minus glassing of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment