Sunday, August 23, 2009

Idol Top 100


I'm sitting here watching the Top 100, and all I can say is that I'm very relieved its now only on one night rather than all the time. They used to drag it over a few weeks but have finally realised that its really not nice entertainment watching people sing out of tune due to their crazy nerves when thrown in a line of others and made to sing. Cattle calls are of course a part of entertainment, its what dancers and musical theatre singers do but usually they have been rehearsing the same song for more than 5 minutes.
My one comment - why do they insist on making people who have had 1 or 2 hours sleep learn and perform a new song in 12 hours? It is rather ridiculous. In fact I would describe it as torture, to the contestants and to our ears!
I also find the reactions of the judges ie putting their heads on the table while someone is performing to be more unprofessional than the performers themselves.
Once again I ask the question, what is Marcia Hines doing on the panel...the most annoying person in the history of people.
I am really not a big fan of the girl in the red dress, I think her name is Sabrina. The way I would describe her is a cocktail singer on a cruise ship. I don't mean that in a bad way, its more that she really isn't that exciting and I can't see her getting past the Top 24 if she gets that far.
Also I really don't like Marcia describing the reason we go and watch performers is to get away from our drab and boring days - my days are usually pretty interesting, I add to the already exciting day I'm having by including music and performers. So thanks Marcia, I'm pretty happy with my life.
I love that Christian boy, can't remember his name but what a voice. I see Top 12, maybe even Top 4 in him, brilliant.
Ashleight Toole - what a voice for an 18 year old, and great song. Bit of Ike and Tina is always good!
Aliqua - not a fan of her, but I can already see her in the Top 24. She will appeal to the 16 year olds voting.
Little Scott - the bedroom singing brickie....all this raw talent, I can't see him moving further than the Top 100. But I like him a lot. Go the brickie!
I am looking forward to the Top 24 and the live performances - that's the most fun. Oh and the new judge is about to be announced, who will it be???
Keep reading, I will be doing a running commentary of the live performances, Top 12 performances.
Gotta love Idol.



No comments:

Post a Comment